04 viper 700s broken reeds

hessracing

IMG_0714.jpg

Well I thought I had a carb problem with my wifes 04 Viper 700s today! We put an MBRP trail can on it last night rode up in Munising today and the machine ran horrible in midrange power like it was to rich and burbley , I raised the needle to 3.25 and turned the fuel screw out to 2 I thought let's try the stock settings again little bit leaner maybe that will fix it I also noticed the plugs were brown and the pto side was black come to find out the reeds are toast my buddy had this with his 02 is this common for these things what kind of recommendations does everyone have?? not looking to spend a grand on vforce reeds but maybe some boyseen ones?

Damaged stock reeds doesn't seem to be too common, but it does happen, and these parts are getting some age to them now. That said, I'd still run good original reeds unless I wanted to spend more money elsewhere.

I don't think you have to spend anywhere near a grand on vforce reeds, are you multiplying your price x3?

yeah when I looked up the v force ones with there new cage and reeds x3 they were quite expensive!! I have't checked into the yamaha reed price yet bug, I'm thinking about putting some of the boyseen power reeds in it they look like a dual stage reed that bolts onto the stock cage has anyone had any experiance with these you can get a set of those for the entire machine on ebay for about $100 ?

I have Boysen dual stage reeds in my 700 sx now. A little bit snappier at idle and mid range, but they probably won't last as long and they cost twice as much as stock from what I remember. To me their probably not worth it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

I have Boysen dual stage reeds in my 700 sx now. A little bit snappier at idle and mid range, but they probably won't last as long and they cost twice as much as stock from what I remember. To me their probably not worth it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Yup, those don't last long

Back