New SRX owner as well. newb questions...

SRXChris

Purchased a 2001 SRX 700 yesterday, everything seems good on it 125 psi across board, new track, idler wheels bearings, cleaned carbs and powervalves. Thing idles and runs great, pulls very hard. Has Bender heads, clutches, intake seller said.

Reading what I believe is an online manual for it, tells me temp light should flash when started. I don't see it light up at all, texted previous owner he never recalled it doing the same. Should it flash on startup? How do I test this temp gauge to check if it works? I'm sure I'll have a ton of more dumb questions that I hoping for some insight on, as I love this sled and don't want to hurt it by a malfunctioning temp light.

Thanks in advance. Chris.P>S plan On reading through alot of threads on this site but figured I'd ask anyway.

Is there a way to diagnose if its the light itself or a sensor? Now I'm kind of worried to drive it knowing it may not work if it overheats. Thanks.

Got some time to read forums and sticky's now tonight but any info appreciated.

Last edited:
do you think your bulb is possibly burnt out? i found this in the FAQ section sounds like it takes a 12v 1.7 and it is a hard bulb to find. the other think i would wonder about is them Bender Heads maybe your temp sensor insn't hooked up maybe call bender?? it should flash 3 times on start up.

Thanks guys.

I will check bulb to see if burnt out.

I will also check to see if temp sensor is hooked up or anything amiss.

Sled will sit all week while I'm at work but Friday or Saturday I should have access to a heated garage to check some things out, appreciate the responses and items to check.

I apologize for the redundant questions about the sled but I really know nothing about them, willing to learn and have some mechanical skills.

P.s reading about the Bender peak heads they provide added cooling but any HP gains anyone aware of?

Found the issue why the light wasn't coming on, wires were cut clean. So either the seller straight up lied about issue or his mechanic pulled a quick one on him to fix his temp light. So now I have to re connect wires and find out whats going on. Sled runs great though, took a chance and ran it for 50+ km today no issues whatsover other than me being annoyed at dishonest people.

Sled will run until you run out of gas or oil................. Running 200 hundred miles a day when used.........................

Back