The one vmax carb to phazer question not asked yet

g penny

Hello all, my name is Grant. I have a 1991 phazer and a 1981 et340. I am in the process of putting a pipe (dg) on the phazer and dont want to burn it down. I picked up a pair of flatslides from a 1996 v-max mountain max. I was noticing that these carbs are the smart carbs with the solenoids on them. My question is, can i run the smart carbs unplugged will they act as if they were the ones without the solenoids ? Or should i be looking for a pair from a non mountain max model? Thankyou

you can leave the bowl pressure system(smart carb) undone or just remover it .......i run a 91 phazer with DG pipe and stock carbs with no issues well over 1500 trouble free miles on it with the pipe

Thank you for your reply, i assume you have the richer nozzle for the midrange?

I cleaned the carbs today and bought a plethora of jets. I have 52.5 pilots 150 mains, clip in the middle with both washers under the clip, and the floats set to 22 mm, the air screw is 1 1/4 turns out. I start my riding at 4000ft and go up from there topping out at 7000ft rarely. The temp i ride in at the coldest is -20* c and the warmest is around 0* c.... My compression is at 120 on both sides. Does anyone see a problem with this setting ????. I plan on gutting the air box and installing the new to me bits this weekend.

110 pilots for flat slides? The pilots that came off the vmax 600 mountain max were 65s

To clear up your confusion in POST#6......Post #5 is answering Post #3.....

Back