04 viper s Head Pipe Cracks

hessracing

Well, I'm getting this thing squared away, found out it ran bad because it had broken reeds got them fixed! Now I have a bit of an idle hang asI come off of a load but it does idle down eventually. I was reading on here and found the head pipes crack lone behold mines cracked too right in the seams in the middle where the two outers meet!! I see to buy a new one they are around $300 and on ebay lots of people have there's welded how well do the welds hold up I know there are people on here that have done it before and will this fix the issue I'm assuming so because it's an air leak right next to the head ??

I weld them all the time, just weld it all around the joints there and it will be fine. I beadblast them, then either mig weld or tig weld them, follow up with 2 good coats of high heat paint and reintall, it will last and work just fine! the way they were made is just a stress riser and they crack at the seam.

Sounds good! I will get it off get a new gasket coming and take it into a fab shop in town to get it fixed getting it squared away excited to run it after the cracks are welded!

Back