Roller Rooster Set Up

UpNorthSRX

Hello TY community ! last year I purchased a Mint 99 SRX 700SC. Its around 11,000kms ands it's still running very strong. The power always suprises me. The gentleman I bought it off of installed a Roller Rooster secondary clutch and he told me that it needs some adjusting. When I'm warming up the sled it tends to stick hard and my engine will bog down if I give it enough throttle for it to engage.. Once it's up to operating temp and I've took it around the yard a few times it grabs perfectly and I never have slipping or any issues after that. If anybody could shoot me some tips on what to look for or how to make sure I'm all set up properly that would be awesome ! Visually it's not dirty and all the components don't seems worn out from what I can tell thus far. Also.. I'm in need of two trailing arms for it. If anybody has any for sale let me know I will scoop them up !! Thanks !

Hello and welcome aboard!!
Visually looking clean means not a whole lot. It should be disassembled,cleaned and just given a good once over. Just to know what needs attention... now or before the season is over.
I know zero about Rooster Rollers though.

Last edited:
It look more like u run your sled on choke for a long time on warm up ?????

All of the Kawasakis I have owned have always been cold blooded animals. Would not hardly run until normal operating temp was achieved. It wasn't that anything was sticking like you said. I would imagine that the Kaw engineers designed them for running(correctly) only once engine heat has expanded/swelled the parts.

I only need the choke on for about 20 seconds after start up and she's idleing perfect. As for the clutch, it seems as it only has the issue when the clutch itself is cold. I got it all torn apart last night. Tonight's the inspection.

Kinda strange ...cold or hot it shouldn't change nothing for your clutch..u should try just to flip the choke on and off or ill put alots of gaz in your pipe

Back