Extra wire connections?

Amanda11270

I have two wire connections that do not go to anything, one is a two wire (one blk, one red) up by the headlamp/gauges, the second is on the left side as you are sitting on the sled under the hood, up towards but left of the bars. This wire connection appears to have a cap on it?

Any idea what these are?

Lastly, im working out some bugs it has also.

1- Tach not working, I replaced the wiring loom under the motor with a loom I made out of new wire, and cleaned all the connections behind the tach. Is there anything under the left side coverwhere your knees go that would cause this? Thats one place I have not checked yet. Is it possible these tachs go bad?

2- Kill switch appears to have issues, when I unplug it, the sled runs fine, when I plug it in the sled will idle, but as soon as you give it throttle it dies. I checked the switch side 3 wires for continuity, I get no reading between any of the three wires in any position of the switch. So im thinking its bad?

Just a little more info, the TORS has been bypassed already and plugs to it connected.

Last edited:

I have two wire connections that do not go to anything, one is a two wire (one blk, one red) up by the headlamp/gauges, the second is on the left side as you are sitting on the sled under the hood, up towards but left of the bars. This wire connection appears to have a cap on it?

Any idea what these are?

Lastly, im working out some bugs it has also.

1- Tach not working, I replaced the wiring loom under the motor with a loom I made out of new wire, and cleaned all the connections behind the tach. Is there anything under the left side coverwhere your knees go that would cause this? Thats one place I have not checked yet. Is it possible these tachs go bad?

2- Kill switch appears to have issues, when I unplug it, the sled runs fine, when I plug it in the sled will idle, but as soon as you give it throttle it dies. I checked the switch side 3 wires for continuity, I get no reading between any of the three wires in any position of the switch. So im thinking its bad?

Just a little more info, the TORS has been bypassed already and plugs to it connected.

U can check all the wiring that goes down to the steering post ...they broke with time twisting the left and righr

Back