Need Primary Clutch Help!!

ericgendron

Hey all, new to the forum but have been using resources for a while now, and love it! I have a 95 VMax 600, and I'm in the midst of rebuilding the primary. I've ordered all new spider rollers and collars, but here's the problem: The collars fit in the new roller no problem, but the collars are too small for the spider and are sloppy. The part numbers for the two parts have changed from original, but I can't seem to find anything about needing a bushing to compensate for the smaller collar design. Anyone know of a solution? I've searched the microfiches from 1994 all the way up and the collar number is the same for all. My last resort is to find a metric drill bit and drill out my new rollers and use the old collars, but I'd rather not!

Attachments

• Primary Sheave.jpg
    Primary Sheave.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 10

sounds like someone put a different clutch on there . the newer clutches have the smaller collars.

But even the 94 breakdown shows the smaller collars as a superseded part. My local Yamaha dealer can't help, they didn't even know about the new roller numbers, told me they were obsolete and not available

the only thing I can think of is that your dealer gave you the wrong collars and rollers. double check them and get back with your dealer. Find a different dealer!

Back