Viking Clutch vk540

Yamablue

I feel like this has been talked about before, but with regards to the viking or VK540 fixed sheave mod, would it be better to just get a whole viking clutch and swap the tall cover onto it. The whole thing is the belt contact angle correct and allowing the belt to run higher in the primary and get into overdrive. Will the Viking clutch get overdrive or just the standard srx/viper clutch with the fixed sheave off of the viking?

I feel like this has been talked about before, but with regards to the viking or VK540 fixed sheave mod, would it be better to just get a whole viking clutch and swap the tall cover onto it. The whole thing is the belt contact angle correct and allowing the belt to run higher in the primary and get into overdrive. Will the Viking clutch get overdrive or just the standard srx/viper clutch with the fixed sheave off of the viking?

Parts are cheap enough, I would buy the entire thing.

Do I still need to machine down the collar down at the bottom of the sheave near the shaft to get it to close more, or will the different angle make the belt ride higher at full close?

Do I still need to machine down the collar down at the bottom of the sheave near the shaft to get it to close more, or will the different angle make the belt ride higher at full close?

That I am not sure of. This mod you are talking about, where is that noted?

Its been discussed log ago with a stock clutch and one with a speed sheave. Not sure if it needs to be done on the VK clutch though. I just check how high the belt will go in the primary when it gets here. Thanks for the help.

Back