DCS Light Flashing and other issues

dewieiii

I have a couple of issues that I can't seem to get a handle on.
1. My DCS light flash only once I have the machine 3/4 to full throttle and flashes continually. Once I let of and continue to cruse around at about 80 mph every thing seems fine.
2. I can't get it to idle at all without the choke. And once I get the choke to about 1/8 on it idles at about 2500 rpm flick the throttle it jumps to 3700/4000 and seems to take a few seconds to come back down (lagging). I have cleaned the carbs twice now and can't seem to figure this out.

I also need to find out more on this raising the the jets to the 4th clip and washers on top???:o| I really can't figure out what you guys are referring to. If anyone has a step by step or if there is a post out there that I'm missing and you could direct me to that would be a big help.

My 04 Viper S has been hassle free and a kick butt sled up to now 8500 km on motor. Really all I have ever done is add gas, oil, clean carbs/power valves. Other than light cleaning on the clutches this is all I have ever done. These 2 or 3 things that have come up as of late have me stumped.

Please help

Last edited:

Regarding Q#1 - Make sure you are running at least 91 octane fuel. If you have DCS, (that's a 2002) and at regular 87 octane the detonation control will activate when you spool it up. You will lose performance immediately when DCS activates, and the light will flash.

I have only ran hi oxtane gas in my sleds since the introduction of ethanol. The hire oxtane gas doesn't have it in there.

I'm going to be pulling the carbs yet again today, maybe there is still "crap" in there. I have found a "Setting Needles on Carbs" in the tech section and will try that too when I put the carbs back together.

I will also take your suggestion and look over the reeds since I'll have the room in there with the carbs out.

Last edited:

Back