Bogs down and backfires

BSMITH8315

Had the yamadog out for a rip today.....ran really good for most part....towards the end of the ride.....after running it hard wide open of a bit when backing off the throttle and slowwing down she would "bog" down and have little to no throttle if gettinbg back on it....slow all the way down to a stop let rpms come down she would back fire a time or 2 then hit the throttle and skis up?

Tor, bypass the switch at the carb. The tell is you have to slow all the way down.

Ugghh....didnt want to have to disconnect the tors.......whats the fix to keep it connected.....ifs thats the issue

Ugghh....didnt want to have to disconnect the tors.......whats the fix to keep it connected.....ifs thats the issue
I had the same problem just recently. I tried bypassing the TORS and the bog went away. Like you I didn't want to have it bypassed so I did 2 things.

1. More free play on the gas wire.
2. Removed the little TORS sensor plate under the idle screw adjustment and gave it a good cleaning.

Then I connected the TORS again and all was working fine. I think nr 1 did the trick but nr 2 is an easy operation.

Bypass only to test after you slacken the throttle cable. They say you can clean them up but when mine went out I had to replace it.

I had the same problem just recently. I tried bypassing the TORS and the bog went away. Like you I didn't want to have it bypassed so I did 2 things.

1. More free play on the gas wire.
2. Removed the little TORS sensor plate under the idle screw adjustment and gave it a good cleaning.

Then I connected the TORS again and all was working fine. I think nr 1 did the trick but nr 2 is an easy operation.

I think I'm going to have to do that on my or viper, it's bogging on slow down and I had to stop and let her return to idle rpms and she was good again, but my power valves have a bit of build up too

Back