Drilling exhaust 2002 yamaha sx viper

Sparky16

Wondering if its possible to drill out the exhaust on a 2002 yamaha sx viper for more noise ?
Would I have to jet it ? Or will it run to lean ? Curious

If you go to the Engine section of the Sled Tech page you will find "SX Silencer Modification" you can hear what it will sound like before you even preform the mod. I have done this and all it does is make the machine slightly louder which now a day with all the cans out there the police love handing out excessive noise tickets and without any gain in power or performance not really any benefit in doing. The triples have that distinct sound anyway, my opinion.

Ok thanks! Is jetting required ? I know I should with the triple pipes but I just got the single pipe.

i do not know of anyone that did the mod to a viper, so no idea. if you do it, do some runs and read the plug chop at idle, mid range and wot. that will tell you if you need to jet it up.

Probably run better stock, I’d leave it. I was thinking about getting a can for mine, but my buddy got stopped up in the UP last weekend, he got a ticket. 88 db’s is legal. His was a 92. But he has psi triple pipes on his sx 700 vmax.
ea23f654a18ef00f4a5e385fbc0ce38d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back