Ohlins shocks operation / installation manual for sx viper

sxviper-s

I recently purchased a pair of used Ohlins shocks for my 2004 sx viper s.
The center and rear shocks.
Part# GYP-8ek92-10-00 center
Part# GYP-8ek93-10-00 rear.
I am looking for installation manual for them.
Looking for installed positions on sled, spring length,spring weights, and clicker adjustments .
I was unable to locate info in tech or my manual. Anyone have any info on them?? 9A474C7F-3798-4549-829A-53786D6D3658.jpg anyone have a picture of them installed??

Last edited:

I have them on my viper s. Nice score. I do recommend having them rebuilt and revolved for your weight and style by carver. But for install center threads go in the up position. Keep the center as loose as you can and not have the clip fall out. LOL. I just do it so it’s hand tight with no weight on it. Rear shock go for 50/50 gap on transfer rods with your weight on it. The clicker is 22 positions. I just put mine at ten and have never touched it. Piggy back mounted towards rear away from from FRA. You used to be able to download manuals right from ohlin.

I was excited when I found them. And waiting like a kid in a candy store for there a rival. They appear to be in great shape. I was told they were only used for about a year, then removed when engine had blown. Been sitting on a shelf in his garage past10 years.
I am going to install them today and give them a test run. Just to see how they feel. I will send them out in off season for rebuilding/ revalving.
I looked on Ohlins web site, was unable to locate any info there. I did send an email, see if I get a reply.
Thank you for the help. That gives me a starting point.

Back