Heated visor cord hook up

Cooper0809

So the heated visor cord that came with the sled is hooked up to some wires under the crash pad on the handle bars. Yesterday, it quit working on the girlfriend. So we took the heated shield back to royal and got them to replace the shield under warranty because it was still fogged up 3hrs after our ride in between the lens even indoors. So we obviously thought it was just a faulty shield. Anyways, got a new shield. But before we did, I hooked up a brand new cord with an in-line fuse right to the battery....still no green light on the shield on both of our helmets. The battery should power this right? It has a 2amp fuse in the cord, wondering if maybe it should be 10amp? I’m stumped and not very good with electronics or wiring...I actually hate it! Lol any help here is much appreciated. We had to turn around twice yesterday about half hour into each ride because she couldn’t she. Very frustrating!

I have a 5 amp fuse in mine. Not sure why but it was probably the smallest fuse I had. If it is not blowing the 2 amp fuse then it should work. Do you have a voltmeter? If you do, see if you have 12 volts to the end of the cord where it hooks to the helmet.

Ok so just checked the fuse..the 2 amp was blown. I put a 10amp in and it works now. Will a 10amp be more than enough? Thanks drew!

2B2370E6-CF8A-4854-9F17-F6AA7C3E6898.jpgNow mine isn’t working lol, but just found the wire needs re-soldering to the hookup....I swear it never ends hahahaha

Back