Helmets. Helmets. Helmets!

aaustins14

Ok so only been into sledding a few season and have been using the helmets that came with our sleds since then. They are junk. They’re heavy, they drone, and the shields are so scratched that you can hardly see out of them. I don’t remember the brand, the look like knock off hjc, i think the brand was like z4..?

Anyway to get to the point, I’m just putting a feeler out there for what you guys are wearing. I’ve had my eyes on 509 gear. I like the look, and the price seems ok.

Anyone ride with 509 motocross style stuff?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks

depends on the type of riding for me. most of the time i use my hjc modular. i do have a ckx motocross style with the heated sheild that can be used with goggles but i only use it on warmer days as it sucks in -30 c. i do wear glasses too.

509 altitude here with sinister x5’s for both my wife and I last 5 years. Best helmet hands down I’ve ever used. A good balaclava is the key with mx style helmets. We use Klim arctic. My buddy just got a 509 delta r3 2.0 with heated shield. I gotta say very impressive just looking at it. Very tight shield fit and finish. Very light. If I was to change back to full face this would be helmet.

Back