Trailer protection

moab11

VIP Member
We just bought a 24' Pace American enclosed snowmobile trailer, and want to protect the wood from water dripping off of the snowmobiles. Also it will get gasoline spilt on it once in a while.

I am not worried about the skis gouging it since we already have plastic ski guides to put down.

Just wondering what you guys suggest. I am not looking to spend too much ($200-300 US). I need to cover about 250 sq.ft.

I have been thinking Hippo Liner, or some type of epoxy.

I'll try and get some pics up soon of it and my dad's truck.

Jeff

I painted mine white with a good quality outdoor paint. I usually repaint it each summer and it holds up good. When there is snow or water in it, I just take a squeegee and push it out the door.

Use garage floor paint, but will not hold up to studs. Cool thing to do would be to have it sprayed by one of the spray on bed liner companies.

If you do decide to paint, get a good exterior oil base paint, and toss in some silica sand. The sand will help with traction.

Thanks for the tips guys. I hope to start this project on Monday. I will have to look into some of these things.

Oh, none of our sleds have studs, so I am not too worried about the deck getting torn up from the tracks.

Jeff

hmm, forgot about this thread.

Well I ended up using a 2-part epoxy bedliner to spray the entire floor and 6" up the walls as well as the ramps. The brand is Hippo Liner, not too sure if it is available in the US or not.

So far it is working out extremely well and have been very impressed with the results. One thing I did do though was glue/screw some 3/8" thick slats on the ramps for added traction, and then applied the bedliner over them to seal out any moisture. The benefit is more traction for the track, and for walking on the ramp too.

Thanks for the update and the results. We have Rhino Lining or Herculiner that is probably similar in the states.

Back