Dumb gasket question. Coolant rail.

srxr700

Lifetime VIP Member
Hey guys, need help orientating the coolant rail to head gasket. The manual states printed side towards head...Both sides look the same besides the side that has the sealant. Can anyone verify which side goes towards the head? Thanks!

Last edited:

Hey guys, need help orientating the coolant rail to head gasket. The manual states printed side towards head...Both sides look the same besides the side that has the sealant. Can anyone verify which side goes towards the head? Thanks!

I dont think it matters but I would do as the manual says.

I cant determine what side is technically printed...There really isnt any printing on either side of the seal...just the one side has the sealant on it.

I cant determine what side is technically printed...There really isnt any printing on either side of the seal...just the one side has the sealant on it.

Both sides are machine smooth surfaces? Usually when the rail comes off it sticks to the rail, so I would put the glue to that side.

Yes they are both smooth machined surfaces. Not sure if the orientation really matters, but the manual makes a special note of it. I think that is good logic and I will most likely go that route! Thank you!

Back