00 Srx 700 04 viper s power valve cables questions

hessracing

Has any one ever used viper power valve cables on a srx? I know they have different part numbers and I wouldn't normally do this going on a ride tomorrow and kind of in a bind right now the viper is down needs a stator and it hasnt come in yet... the number 1 cylinder the cable broke can i use it for the day?? they look the same

If I recall i ordered some used powervalves from a viper to my srx when they went bad. I also had some pull-through New valves and cables from Yamaha were way go expensive. I ordered from eBay and the valves came complete with cables and servo motor. I read here that People Said they wouldnt fit bit they did. I measured the old valves and the new and they were identical. In the parts fiche they almost have the same number. I Think for the srx it started with 8dn and for the viper 8dk.

I know the issue here are the cables, But I strongly recommend if anyone tries what I did to measure the valves for clearance if you are to replace the valve itself and mixture between models and years, as they can be different. Maybe I was just lucky.

Last edited:
You may be able to cheat a viper cable for a temp fix but I would replace with correct one. The SRX and viper power valves are NOT interchangeable.

Yeah the power valve wasn't pulled through it was just a broken cable, the sled has 5500 miles on it the valve move freely it was not sticking. I just adjusted them last year and I know they were not to tight because when I got done the servo was twitching I backed it off until it stopped.... I'm kinda puzzled how it broke but it is what it is. The viper cable has a different part number for cylinder #1 8EK-1133E-00-00 & the SRX cylinder #1 on the 2000 is 8DF-1133E-10-00 they looked identical and are even the same length I don't know whats different about them but it worked perfect we put on 137 miles and it worked just fine I did order a new one to switch back out when it comes in!

Back