2003 Sx Viper Track adjustement left right ! :/

Chiefk

Hey Guys,

I Have a problem with my track on my sled 03 sx viper,
i can't find how to adjust the track left and right i have my wheel on the right getting chew up by a bolt.

i loosen the rear axle nuts a little bit. So to shift my track on the left side i need to turn out the bolt the left side and turn in the nut on the right side. Start the sled make it turn slowly 1 2 time and... nothing move and my wheel get more chew :whine:

Can someone tell me if i did something wrong ?

Last edited:

I dont understand what you mean, but to shift the track left, I would run the track tighter on the right. Why is your track shifted to begin with.

You will want to make sure the whole thing isn't overtightened to begin with.
Look where the 2 adjuster nuts sit against the bracket. Is one or both getting caved in from tightening too much ?
If so, track is too tight and you wont be able to do anything as the more you tighten, the more it caves in.
You are doing it correct, just make sure you have the rear axle free. May want to reset, loosen both nuts a bunch, make sure axle moves forward, then slowly tighten.
Should only take a 1/2 turn on the nuts to move the track a bit, left or right once properly tensioned.

You will want to make sure the whole thing isn't overtightened to begin with.
Look where the 2 adjuster nuts sit against the bracket. Is one or both getting caved in from tightening too much ?
If so, track is too tight and you wont be able to do anything as the more you tighten, the more it caves in.
You are doing it correct, just make sure you have the rear axle free. May want to reset, loosen both nuts a bunch, make sure axle moves forward, then slowly tighten.
Should only take a 1/2 turn on the nuts to move the track a bit, left or right once properly tensioned.

Ok thanks i will do it !

I dont understand what you mean, but to shift the track left, I would run the track tighter on the right. Why is your track shifted to begin with.

My rear axle wheel was closer to the track on the right. Just buy the sled from old guy couple week ago a run my sled maybe 2 or 3 time and when i was putting grease on the rear suspension i saw it like that :/

Mines an SRX but maybe similar to adjust, I loosen off axle nut, loosen adjusters all the way and start from scratch. I run sled on a chain hoist or stand and adjust it that way till I'm very close, drive it around yard a few times to see which way it tracks and make small adjustments from there. Works for me.

My rear axle wheel was closer to the track on the right. Just buy the sled from old guy couple week ago a run my sled maybe 2 or 3 time and when i was putting grease on the rear suspension i saw it like that :/

If the skid has never been out for an overhaul, worn bushings and other worn/broken parts will make it nearly impossible to get a consistent adjustment.

The skid in my '01 SRX was a mess the second year I owned it (purchased new).

Back