replacing warmers with spi high/lo.. .can I use rheostat?

echohunter

As the title says . .warmers are toast on a 99 Mtn. Max 600... .literally .. and I'm going to replace them with spi high heat warmers that have high and lo. . .can I wire them into the existing switch to use the rheostat or do i need to eliminate that and use the on off switch that I have for the spi warmers? ..

The trick is if its a 3 wire or 2 wire system. Most aftermarket are 3 wire and its just a matter of figuring out what wire is what. Lots of info on the RSI ones here but not the SPI. But no reason you cant use existing wiring.

The question is the rheostat..being a variable output type switch...vs. a 2 position switch for the aftermarket ones..will the rheostat mess up the warmers or will it treat them like the stock ones and they will be variable as well??

super . .so your saying you used the hi/lo warmers ..spi and rsi are basically the same thing ..and used the oem rheostat type switch?? . .so the warmers acted just like the variable heat oem ones that you could adjust up and down across the dial??..

Back