Oil pump leaking-need help

sleddog1

I have a 2000 SXR 700. The oil tank is draining out and dripping out the belly pan. The oil tank is not cracked. I have the carbs and air box out and have isolated the problem to being the oil pump. Since its on the lower end of the block, it is hard to get at. I can feel an oil line underneath the block is wet with oil and probably has a split in it. It appears to me that I have to lift the motor out to get to the oil pump lines underneath. This sled does not have an access door underneath to get at it that way, unless I drill out the hundred or so rivets to see if I can get at it that way.
Does anyone know a better way of getting at the bottom of the oil pump without pulling the motor??

Take off reed boots and reeds. If you remove that rear mag side motor mount you may be able to see what ya need to. But pull in or lifting motor in place is not that hard of a job. Just lots of pics and it goes pretty smooth

Things to check.

There is a o ring behind the oil pump(Between pump and motor)
Also, There is a Phillips bleeder screw at the top of the oil pump, make sure its closed

Do as super1c says with disassembly, it will get you to all your potential problems, except the hose that connects under the case, but that
would be the last thing I would think about checking.

Back