Unexpected finds during track swap on 2000 vmax 700

Wexcw

Hey guys..i am in the process of swapping the track on this 700 vmax I bought..i found a couple things I didn't expect. The first thing I noticed when I removed the battery to get to the chain case is that on the side on the chain case it has a arm and rod type linkage that's going no where..i am assuming the chain case has reverse? There's no other linkage or shifter..possible a swap in? Also I notice that the pull cord starter housing seems to not fit the engine..it is shimmed out about 1/4 inch all the way around and there's a 3 inch by 1 inch portion toward the back side of the engine that isn't covered by it at all. Not being familiar with these, is that normal? I wouldn't think I should be able to see the flywheel..but I may be wrong..any input would be great!

Thanks

Yep, would assume it had, or has reverse.
Also, that is normal for the recoil, they are all that way.

Ok great..the recoil had me a little concerned.. after opening the chain case it certainly does have reverse, but it is missing all linkage and the shifter..i may look for a scrapper to get these parts off of..if reverse is there it would be nice to be able to use..better than dragging it off the trailer

Yeah o would much rather have reverse..it threw me for a loop because it doesn't even have a visable spot for a shifter to be

Their should be a notch cut out in your cab for it.

Attachments

• mms_img-1314219231.jpg
    mms_img-1314219231.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 6
  • mms_img-169847036.jpg
    mms_img-169847036.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Mine doesn't have the notch cut out of it for the shifter.. perhaps the gear box or hood isn't the stock one that come on it

Or it may have had the hood replaced with a non reverse hood, and instead of notching the hole, they just removed the shifter.

Back