Suspension setup for sx-r 700

sxr700

does anyone have any good front and rear suspension setups for a sx-r, most of the time it is fine, but when you hit a rutted section on the trail it feels like you back is going to snap.

I am a 165lbs rider, with pipes, head and clutching. would liek somthing that gets good traction, and cornering??

any ideas ???

crank that center preload all the way up, start with the FRA in the center (medium) position, adjust rear preload to obtain 50/50 rod gap. This made a world of difference on mine, in all types of bumps. Adjust front preloads/limiter straps for desired ski pressure/cornering/traction.

when you say to set the centre preload all the way up is that a stiff spring, or soft spring???? also what is the ideal limiter strap setting??

shocks

The only way to get the sxRs to ride better with a lighter weight rider is to remove the rear shock & have it recalibrated to your weight! Been there! Even at my 200lbs my rider improved dramatically with a recal job

when i said cranking up the center preload that means all the way stiff. With the center preload loose, the suspension couples immediately upon hitting a bump and makes for a very harsh ride. Get the center real right and it won't couple as fast, and will ride much better.

Back