roller secondary

sxr700

what is the ideal pretension for a roller secondary, I have heard that they like the 90-120 range,

whereas the a reg. helix should be 50-80 range ..

any input, I am running one on a sxr with cpr pipes, 45-39 seem to work well except backshifting when crusing around 100-120 km/h to full trottle is a little off. was running 60-70, but might increase to 100 to bury the backshifting problem.

I'm running a stock motor. Back shift was always slow. Almost a slight bog before it would run good. The harder I rode the worse it got. Someone told me the buttons on the helix heat up and drag. Whether that's true or not I don't know. What I do know is once I put on a Hi Teck Encapsulated Roller secondary the problem disapeared. Not only that but the first time I took it out and was comming out of a corner the back shift was so imediate I started laughing. Couldn't believe the difference. Best addition to my sled so far.
To get the unit to shift right I finally went with a Polaris Grey with Blue spring.
Don't remember the "pretension", I ran about 50 mph, let off the gas and then back on full throttle and adjusted until the shift was good and rpm's at 8400-8500. Went with the instructions. Love it.

Last edited:

Back