srx pipes on a viper?

ttr

has any one out there tried this if so how did it work bigpower increase? fuel economy? reliability? just wondering as i have a spare set of pipes kicking around

Yes, has been done.
Not sure of performance, but a guy on here has a custom made manifold for sale, that will allow you to bolt up SRX pipes to a Viper motor.

SRX pipes on viper you will get srx power out of your viper. Need a custom exhaust manifold, trim the belly pan to fit the pipes and need a 01 srx cdi because the viper cdi has to much timing to trail ride with those pipes. I have a viper with srx pipes

Here is what I have left of pictures from the build.
The transfer from round to oval is tight and I matched the correct angle and length. I could have made this easer if I had just extended the pipes and used viper triple flanges from any of the manufacturers, or just welded the head pipes directly onto the viper flanges at the correct length. I did them this way because I wanted to be able to experiment with different length flanges for drag racing. I ran shorter ones for grass.
5.jpg
viper srx flange.jpg
This picture shows the stock muffler, which later I use with a reverse kit, remotely operated with a leaver.
The forward pipe needs to be move to the outside and down a little. the inside lower pipe needs to fit as tight to the head as you can. by moving these two pipe away from each other, it allows the top pipe to move down to clear your cowl.
the cowl will need the vent tab and screen removed. It is tight. The muffler inlet pipes will need to be altered slightly to move the ends in the new locations of the pipes. The cowl of a viper tapers in sooner than a srx so there is some clearance your trying to get by doing this as well.
viper srx 1.jpg
The below picture shows my first ride/build picture. I used a menagerie of cooling parts. I later settled on srx 11deg squish band heads I cut to 21cc chambers used with anywhere from 1-4 head gaskets depending on what I was doing. The cylinders were decked 12thou to run legal stock class in previous years. I used a megapower water rail that allowed me to use all the rest of the stock viper cooling system which is a better and lighter design than the srx. And, it doesn't lend itself to thermostat failure.
viper_srx_top_full_vew.jpg
This shows the temp probe wire that is needed for the srx cdi box.
viper srx temp guage wire cdi box.jpg
This one is from the first year, I ran it with the actual pipe showing, you can see the gap.
viper srx pics 007.jpg
This is from later. I used a pipe shroud to make a sealed up piece that looked like the pipe exposed, but kept out the snow and crap from riding.
Love the look of the exposed pipe.
6.jpg
Pictured here with ohlins clickers. Not viper ohlins though, these are mounted to sx brackets. The defect of this conversion is I don't believe you could ever use viper ohlins with it because of how low the outside pipe needs to be to get the hood to fit.
black viper 1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3846 600wide.jpg
    IMG_3846 600wide.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6226.JPG
    IMG_6226.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Back