1997 Vmax 700 - Hand Warmers and Lack of Main Switch Assembly

rudim_86

Hello, I am curious regarding the hand warmers.
I bought a 97 Vmax 700 last year from a guy who lost the keys, the sled runs if you unplug the main switch assembly (ignition) but I have no hand warmers now. I’m positive my actual hand warmers work I just don’t have a key. Being a broke college student, I cannot spend any more money than I already have on something like a new switch assembly. Is it possible to bypass the ignition wiring to get the hand warmers to work full time? Or really any possible solutions that don’t result in me spending a lot of money.
Thanks

Hello, I am curious regarding the hand warmers.
I bought a 97 Vmax 700 last year from a guy who lost the keys, the sled runs if you unplug the main switch assembly (ignition) but I have no hand warmers now. I’m positive my actual hand warmers work I just don’t have a key. Being a broke college student, I cannot spend any more money than I already have on something like a new switch assembly. Is it possible to bypass the ignition wiring to get the hand warmers to work full time? Or really any possible solutions that don’t result in me spending a lot of money.
Thanks

You can get a keyed ignition from any used sled and plug it in, in that same time frame. Post a picture of the plug on the ignition switch.

Back