Bent tie rod

SRXChris

Just more stuff I've found with this sled as I was trying to measure the toe out. Wondered why the tie rod ball joints were so offset to one another and found left side tie rod bent like a dogs hind leg.

Part is obsolete but probably can find a used one hopefully to replace or is there an aftermarket one available?

Part #
Rod, Tie
8CV-23831-00-00

Or if anyone has one they would part with I would buy it it.

I like this sled to much now but the stuff i keep finding has me wanting to look for a newer one as parts are hard to find and it seems I keep sinking money into this thing. OOnly good thing about COVID is the price of these have gone up drastically .

the tube or the rod end bent? if it is the tube, you can remove it and roll it on a table and hit it with a hammer to straighten it out. done it a few times on older sleds.

the tube or the rod end bent? if it is the tube, you can remove it and roll it on a table and hit it with a hammer to straighten it out. done it a few times on older sleds.

Yes it's the tube that is bent, going to do as you said remove it and straighten it out. I can always get one made at work as well but will try to make it straight first.

good to hear. last time i bent one was on my 88 vk and it is obselete. was in the bush pulling wood at the time and it would not turn all of a sudden. took it off and straightened it on a log with an axe and kept going.

good to hear. last time i bent one was on my 88 vk and it is obselete. was in the bush pulling wood at the time and it would not turn all of a sudden. took it off and straightened it on a log with an axe and kept going.

Got it pretty straight. It will do for now. Not bad bush skills there;)!

Back