2007 Bravo LT engine is moving too much

RayBoyd

Hey all,
I'm new to this forum and I'm in need of some help. My 2007 Bravo LT was working fine for the last few years. It only has 1500 kms on it. Suddenly, whenever I would turn to the left and give it throttle, I would hear a some sort of scraping noise near the primary clutch. I suspected that the clutch was scraping against some steering linkage. So I started some investigating. I eventually removed the hood, muffler, and carb to see if the mounts were loose and they were not but there is a lot of engine play (movement) side to side. But I'm quite sure the clutch is not striking any of the steering linkage. So, I reassembled everything with the exception that I left the hood off. I then took the bravo for a test ride and I notice that when the engine spools up, it tilts to the right enough that it seemed excessive. What I think is happening is that the engine tilts enough that the inside of the primary clutch (primary fixed sheave?) is striking against the bolts that are attached to the frame that's between the motor and the primary clutch. The scraping sound is more pronounced when I turn left but I do hear it when the skis are straight too.

My question: is there some reason why my motor is tilting so far to the right suddenly? The motor mounts bolts are tight but maybe they are worn?

Thanks for the help
Ray

how are the bolts holding the engine to the base plate? might have popped the heads off on a couple.

Back