99 SX600 hard to pull over

Polairsisbetter

So this is a friends machine but I’m posting because it’s bothering me. He bought this sled a year or two ago and it’s been good except for 1 thing. It’s an absolute pain to pull over. I went over to his place one day as we were going to ride that night. I saw him struggling and figured he just wasn’t as strong at pulling cause this was his first sled. I see he’s tired and offer to start it for him and as I go to pull it over and I nearly rip my arm off. At the time I was riding an Arctic cat zr500 and his took 3x the force it took to pull mine over. He’s had the pull cord break on him once or twice and has had the recoil off before but it’s still the same. So my question is if they are just supposed to be like that or is there something wrong with it? And if there is something wrong what should be done?

Well, if the previous owner thinned the head gasket from let’s say, the factory thickness of 3 layers down to one layer like I like to do, then they get much harder to pull over, especially when real cold.

I've noticed if the belt is improperly adjusted (too tight) in the primary clutch it can cause more drag when pulling them over

I'm going to say normal. My 600sx is tougher to pullover than the SRX and the SxR. It's also tougher than any other brand sled I've started for friends.
I guess when you're a badass sled, you're a badass at everything. :-)

Back