1993 ovation 340cc 108 Track swap to 121

rickk

Ok my question is i have the 3.29 (11T) drivers I think and wondering what size of 2.52 drivers are equal in size to match up does anybody know? Also does a Phazer 2 skid bolt in or do i have to move mounting holes?

3.29 / 2 * 11 = 18.095" circumference
2.52 * 7 = 17.640" circumference
2.52 * 8 = 20.160" circumference

so 7 is a little lower gear and 8 is a bit higher.

Now i'm going to have to decide which i want to go with as the ovation seems to have lots of power with the 340cc with the stock track not sure if i would see much power difference with the 121" or not!

I would say it depends on how you are going to use it. Deeper snow in the woods go 7 tooth, packed snow higher speed go 8 tooth. It will pull it.

i would go with the 7 tooth as you are most likely going to end up with a taller lug track than what was on there and it most likely will need a bit more power to pull it in powder. went from stock to 1.25 ripsaw on my et 410 and in the powder i can feel it working harder but love the traction improvement.

as to the phazer II skid, odds are you will need to make new mounting points for the skid but i have not measured to do this yet. track on 78 et340 is starting to show its age, so i will be there before long too. i think i will customize a set of enticer trapper rails to make a 121" skid that mounts in stock location.

Just get the jackshaft, chaincase, driveshaft and secondary clutch out of any Phazer, Phazer II or 485 Venture and bolt it in.

Direct bolt in to an Ovation. Gets you the 2.52 drivers, stronger chaincase and better secondary.

opsled

I'm not doing the track replacement just yet the factory ovation track is still holding up but barely. Just wanting to get some stuff ready for when it does give up! Will go with the 7t as it looks like its the closest to the factory size and was thinking possibly attempting using a phazer 2 rails with the ovation suspension or make some rail extensions.

Just get the jackshaft, chaincase, driveshaft and secondary clutch out of any Phazer, Phazer II or 485 Venture and bolt it in.

Direct bolt in to an Ovation. Gets you the 2.52 drivers, stronger chaincase and better secondary.

opsled

Is the Phazer chaincase/secondary needed when only running a 121" was thinking it would definitely be a must running longer tracks

Is the Phazer chaincase/secondary needed when only running a 121" was thinking it would definitely be a must running longer tracks

No, probably not but clapped out Phazers are all over. Around here you could get a gutted chassis with all the parts needed including a track and skid for less than what new drivers would cost for the Ovation driveshaft.

Just info and options. That's all.

opsled.

PS, the Phazer engine bolts right into an Ovation too. (sleeper).

No i haven't completed the conversion yet my track is still holding up but was looking for info for when it does fail!

Back