Needle Clip Adjustment

Pverra

Starting a new thread, wondering if anyone can describe how to inspect/ and adjust needle?
New to me, 600 triple. PO had can on it and changed jetting. I am setting back to stock.
Specs in tech pages say needle in clip 3. How do I confirm where this is currently set (with minimal disassembly) and how do I adjust if they have been changed by PO? Nothing found in tech pages on the subject.
Anyone have a “how to” or a link, or pics.
Thanks again.

Top of the carbs need to be pulled off, should be another screw on the throttle arm under that cap that attaches to the center of the carb slide. Remove that and the needle will be right underneath it, carbs do not need to be removed from the sled. The needle has 5 notches in it, putting the clip in the middle notch with both shim washers under the clip should be position 3. Each shim washer makes .5 adjustments.. Notch #1 is the top notch and the leanest, Notch #5 is the bottom notch and the richest.

https://totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles/aaTECH/CarbNeedles/CarbNeedles.htm

Given the age and mileage of the sled, the holes in the main nozzles will be worn larger. So unless they are replaced with new, moving the clip is a complete waste of time.

7CB43B36-93CB-4424-8F6F-B3E1DA09457E.jpg
Can anyone advise. Is this the screw you remove to remove the carb slide? It appears to have a spring under it. Do you remove and flip the arm back and pull the slide and needle out?

Last edited:

Back