Difference between Venture VT700 VS VT600?

Tim King

Have a 2001 Venture VT700 triple on its way to the grave. But, also have 2001 VT600 and want to know the difference or similarity of some key components. Carbs? Carb components? ECU (cpu), module or its programming? Just wondering what to scavenge other than the obvious bits. Big thanks in advance.

The carbs on the 600 triple are 31mm and the carbs on the 700s are 33mm. You can put the bigger carbs on the 600 but all the jetting would need to be changed to somewhere in between the stock 600 and 700 jetting.
If the sleds are both the single headlight or both the dual headlight vintage almost everything else will interchange except the cylinders, pistons, and cylinder head.
CDIs are different but can be interchanged.

I don’t think the 600 triple sleds had the dual beam headlight until 2002. Just out of curiosity, what’s wrong with the 700? Is it really on death’s door? Those were very reliable engines. The tops ends of the 600 and 700 interchange regardless but as mentioned, the carburetors should remain with the respective displacement.

Thanks for the replies and good advice. As for my 2003 Venture 700 being on death’s door, it’s just that there are multiple things that need to be replaced.....the track just one of them. As for the engine, last time I started her she was squealing quite loud then just locked up. Could be a number of reasons I suppose. Anyway, paid 1800 bucks for it 11 years ago and put on over 7k miles. .25 cents per mile is not a horrible ratio. Thanks again all.

Back