The future??

Jack99

Yesterday, my one sled buddy was zipping around at dark time alone, his sled popped a rubber cooling hose (which he didn't notice in the dark) and his 600cc Engine seized soon after. Ouch! After towing it back home with his ATV, he called it quits. Done with sledding, our short riding season and being older age (like me), he's had his fill of cold weather as well... I lost another sled buddy - especially one who drives my slow speed as well. Very sad face...

For me, I just renewied my sled's license sticker for another 2 years. Also bought new spare belt, on sale injection oil (for 2 years estimate riding time) and plan to buy / install new ski carbides and new hyfax runner strips this summer as well. Luckily, its factory track is still looking near brand new. In all, I might get 1 or 2 more years out of my old sled (which is currently at 7,188 KMs). Then, call it quits as well... Only time will tell....

Like they say.... All fun things eventually come to an end... Sad face.....

How's your future seasons looking? Just wondering....

Last edited:

You will get years out of that machine, my sxr 700 had 23000 km on it before I got hit on it and it was wrote off. In the end its you that decides when to call it. my friends grandfather is in his 80's and still rides on a limited basis, just waits for nice days. You can always just get a weekend pass is the weather is looking nice or run the lakes but that is up to you. You are only your age once you act it!

I Am in another boat.
I want to ride all the time, but since the bad accident last year with one of my buddies, my wife hasn’t allowed it at all.
Have these sleds, in tip top shape, and nothing to do with them.
Maybe as time goes by.... who knows..

WOW Murder: I didn't know you are grounded. Ouch! Ya. Its like having a flyer toy, have the desire, have the great weather but unable to obtain get a flight plan. Hopefully, your health condition turns around for the better and you get approval to fly (sort of speaking) soon. Being grounded always sucks! Especially when our limited time becomes less and less each year....

RoudRoy1: Yes. I'm also hoping my old age sled lasts for years and years as well. It only uses synthetic injection oil, its factory track rarely spins and I drive it like I want to keep it forever. For example: During today's 85 km ride, I kept its RPM under 6,200 (well under its 8,200 max RPM range) and I let all the young guys pass me. Nice 3 hour alone drive - with no one trying to pull me or push me faster. Nice and slow - like my one 72 year old friend (on his sled).

Only time will tell for each of us....

Back