would a 47/43 helix be ok for my vmax 700?

vdubracer33

trying to follow turks setup he called for a 51/43. only one I can find where someone actually knows what they have is a bender 2070 which is a 47/43. wondering what the difference between the 47 and 51 is? I ordered the rivets etc he said to use so now I am wondering it would work ok or wait to find the 51/43. I mostly trail ride pretty aggressivly with it and obviously fields and lakes I like to open her up

all the aftermarket helix's act differently brand to brand. all i could say is try it and see if it is doing what you want.

hmmmm ok good to know. I have looked up things explaining jelix angles etc and have a general idea now but say I had 2 of the same brand helix's one a 51/43 and the other the 47/43. does the lower number meaning the 47 make it stay in so to say 1st gear longer or would it drop the rpms quicker? I am tempted to buy the 47 and try it but thats almlst $100 wasted if it doesnt work right lol. especially not knowing what the weights in turks setup will act like yet etc. ugh decisions decisions. I guess its a good thing I have 2 xtc 700s lol incase I mess up the setup haha

The 51/43 is a good helix for most any triple Yamaha IMO.
The number is the angle of the helix which controls how fast it upshifts.
A stock 700 can benefit from a 51/43.
Stock on a 700 I think is a straight 45.
You will get better performance from the 51/43 over the 47/43, but both should be better than stock.
Just my 2 cents..

know anyone with a 51/43 they would sell?! hahaha cant find one. well there are a bunch of aftermarkets on ebay bit nobody wants to answer me when I ask them what part numbers they are etc. im not going to spend $80 to $100 on each one and play the guessing game lol so might give it another week or so and just end up buying the 47/53

What helix you will have to have depends on what you got else in your clutches, gearing, rider weight, track length and lug height.

Back