Skid plate mount

tomseal6

VIP Member
Does the aftermarket skid plate go over the factory plastic or must I remove?

Attachments

• 20210912_130329.jpg
    20210912_130329.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

The factory plastic. Thank you.

I also picked up a set of purple painted hood screens and purple hyfax. Should all look good with the purple USI skis.

Yes. It touches the heat exchanger. But what rivets on heat exchanger to I drill out?

Are they more forward on the exchanger or to the rear?

I'm having a tight time spot lining it up by eye with sled up in the air. It looks crooked. This plate is for this sled. Has the sticker right on it.

Anybody have pictures of a vmax chassis with skid plate close ups?

It appears I have to drill 2 holes through the belly pan for rivets or screws as I have rivets and threaded screws come with it.

dang lol. got dads sled in the air in garage atm and it has a gytr skid plate on it. i remeber screws at the front and pop rivits at the back of it. i remeber the rivits for sure as i had to re do them last season as the heads had popped off.

Yes. It touches the heat exchanger. But what rivets on heat exchanger to I drill out?

Are they more forward on the exchanger or to the rear?

I'm having a tight time spot lining it up by eye with sled up in the air. It looks crooked. This plate is for this sled. Has the sticker right on it.

Anybody have pictures of a vmax chassis with skid plate close ups?

It appears I have to drill 2 holes through the belly pan for rivets or screws as I have rivets and threaded screws come with it.
Sure, I can take a few shots of the skid plate on my SX, installed by a former Yamaha mechanic.

Back