SX Viper exhaust on a Vmax Red Head

I had the Vmax out today and did some testing.
The sled definitely has better throttle response and pulls stronger in the mid range.
Prior to installing the Viper exhaust the sleds W O RPM was 8400. After exhaust installation the RPMs are now 8500RPM.
In a drag race the sled would be a little quicker then stock exhaust.
Top speed has only slightly increase from last years testing from 92 mph to 94 mph in the same distance.
Overall it has been a slight increase in performance but obviously nothing like putting a set of tripple pipes on.

Thanks for doing the R&D on that for us!
I may give it a shot also if I can find a silencer for cheap.

Thanks !

Thanks for doing the R&D on that for us!
I may give it a shot also if I can find a silencer for cheap.

Thanks !
I had trouble with the aftermarket can melting the belly pan as I never installed the rubber belly pan gasket....my fault completely. I removed the Viper pipe and can and reinstalled the stock exhaust until I get it sorted out...the sled is definitely slower now with the stock exhaust installed compared to the Viper pipe.

I had trouble with the aftermarket can melting the belly pan as I never installed the rubber belly pan gasket....my fault completely. I removed the Viper pipe and can and reinstalled the stock exhaust until I get it sorted out...the sled is definitely slower now with the stock exhaust installed compared to the Viper pipe.
What size jets did you go up to? Is the MBRP trail can quieter than the other cans? My kid put his snow stuff can on my sx700 today, that thing is loud!

All the after market silencers are louder then stock...some more then others..I have never done a comparison.
You should be able to run the stock jetting when only changing the silencer.

All the after market silencers are louder then stock...some more then others..I have never done a comparison.
You should be able to run the stock jetting when only changing the silencer.
Reading through your thread it sounded like the viper exhaust pipe was running lean. I understand you can run stock jetting no matter what silencer you use ounce you change the pipe then you needs ll to rejet. What size do you go up to with the viper pipe?

Reading through your thread it sounded like the viper exhaust pipe was running lean. I understand you can run stock jetting no matter what silencer you use ounce you change the pipe then you needs ll to rejet. What size do you go up to with the viper pipe?

Attachments

• IMG_5431.png
    IMG_5431.png
    505.2 KB · Views: 7

Back