New member - battery question

MNDirtRider

First post and I'm new to owning Yamaha sleds. I own several other Yamaha ATVs and have for nearly 10 years. I recently bought an 02 SX Viper ER and an 03 Vmax ER and they need new batteries. I've pretty much stuck to Yuasa in my ATVs and had good luck but does anyone have an recommendations on the more economical (cheaper) batteries? It's hard telling how much use these machines will get based on snowfall. Thanks in advance.

since those both have pull start, i would not be scared to use a cheaper aftermarket battery. i tend to use rx1 sized battery in all my sleds and have had one in my dads sx venture for the last 5 years at least.

Any auto parts store battery is fine. Like maim said they also have pull start so no worry. I’ve always used Napa batteries and got 5+ years out of them no problem

For my sled and ATV, I bought exact year/make/model of batteries from Amazon. This worked for me...

If wondering, batteries sometimes blow at 3-5 years of age. For me, they are typical "wear & tear" replacement item...

I've always used Yuasa batteries because my vector doesn't have a recoil start nor does my Kodiak. They have always gone 7 years. But I do keep the batteries charged when not used regularly.

Back