Yes, Hauck roller secondary works as advertised

norwegian

Finished setting up the second roller secondary in my 4 sled fleet. The 97 sx 600 with the hauck adjustable weights and the roller secondary was a huge success, made it real quick. The same can be said about the 97 venture 500 that also got hauck adjustable weights, stock, but machined 39 deg helix and a hauck roller secondary. They do make a difference when set up properly, hey the venture 500 does not even bog off the line, lol.

I run a Hauck Roller kit on my Apex and have been very happy with its performance. I picked up @ 2mph on the GPS after installation. The only caution I have is make sure you stock up on extra rollers as I have found that they start to develop flat spots as the miles rack up.

Looks like a nice kit for sure. I've converted some of these clutches to roller by using the Arctic cat roller assembly from 2004 and older models. It actually bolts right on, the main bushing is the same size and the three studs line up also. You have to use longer studs with a 12mm spacer.
The button area on the sheave has to be lathed down to fit the Cat ramps. Then tap three little holes for the bolts that hold the helix.

Sounds just as much work as fitting the hauck roller kit on it. But once it's done, it's worth it.

Back