viper warning light, on steady

kevin james

Hi All - i have a 2002 Viper, the warning light keeps coming on. its on steady (not flashing).. when the light comes on, the motor will "bog" out. if i let it sit 15-20 seconds, the light goes off and then it runs good again. after a few minutes, the light will come back on and it will bog down again.. the temperature light is not coming on.. any ideas?

When the warning light comes on, it also should light one of the problem indicator emblems on the right side of the gauge pod. Mr.Sled's links show the emblems.
I don't believe there are any kind of "limp mode" capabilities, so it's odd to me that it bogs when the warning light comes on.

Not sure on the steady light, but the description of the motor "bog", then it sits and clears up after a bit and runs good, then another "bog", etc., sounds like TORS (throttle over ride system) is kicking in. Usually happens due to a tight throttle cable adjustment, there should be some slack in the cable at the carbs at rest, and some free movement at the throttle lever (2mm-3mm gap between lever and throttle block) before the carb shaft starts to rotate. Could be a bad switch as well. Are the two wires coming from the switch in the middle of the carb rack still plugged in to the main harness?

Back