Ultra Budget $300 Phazer 2 Off Trail Build, was sitting outside 10 years

ADDvanced

Hey boys... yeah... another Phazer project. I just do videos for fun, I make like $3/video and have a day job, this is just how I document my projects. I've learned a ton about Phazers in the past few months from this forum, and the FB groups, and I can't do this stuff without your help, I generally have no idea what I'm doing. I just sort of dive into stuff and figure it out, and enjoy sharing the knowledge with others.

Anyway, here's the first episode:

This one was last registered in 2013, so it's probably been sitting for 10+ years outside. It's super gross.... suuppperrrr nasty. So far I've gotten it to fire on premix, did a compression test, pressure washed the entire thing (my driveway is never going to be the same), rebuilt the carbs, replaced all the fuel lines, painted the exhaust, put in a fresh battery and.... yeah. Something smoked when I tried to start it, even though the starter was working perfectly previously. I'm not sure why it decided to vaporize a wire right when it was ready to actually run, pretty disappointed at the moment.

Are there fuses anywhere on this sled? Whatever it fried made some visible smoke... not sure where to start looking yet.

Hey boys... yeah... another Phazer project. I just do videos for fun, I make like $3/video and have a day job, this is just how I document my projects. I've learned a ton about Phazers in the past few months from this forum, and the FB groups, and I can't do this stuff without your help, I generally have no idea what I'm doing. I just sort of dive into stuff and figure it out, and enjoy sharing the knowledge with others.

Anyway, here's the first episode:

This one was last registered in 2013, so it's probably been sitting for 10+ years outside. It's super gross.... suuppperrrr nasty. So far I've gotten it to fire on premix, did a compression test, pressure washed the entire thing (my driveway is never going to be the same), rebuilt the carbs, replaced all the fuel lines, painted the exhaust, put in a fresh battery and.... yeah. Something smoked when I tried to start it, even though the starter was working perfectly previously. I'm not sure why it decided to vaporize a wire right when it was ready to actually run, pretty disappointed at the moment.

Are there fuses anywhere on this sled? Whatever it fried made some visible smoke... not sure where to start looking yet.
Check to see if the main negative wire from the battery is attatched to the engine properly.

Better late than never, EPISODE 2!

Learned a lot! lol. Total investment at this point, with the battery, is under $500.

I was being optimistic, lol.

Total Cost:

Sled: $300
Skis: $75
Carbides: $40
Carb Kit: $13
Bearings: $20
SLP Extensions: $115
136" Track: $75
Tunnel Extension: $50

So $700ish.... still..... it's a cool friggin sled for $700.

Final video this year! Tunnel extension and a 136, ended up looking really nice, cutup the rear bumper cover and integrated it pretty well. Check it!

I believe this is the best video on the internet about long tracking a phazer.....

Back