'02 Viper Exhaust Burble

JRTEZ

Just put about 200 trail miles on my new to me 02 Viper over the weekend. At about 5-6k rpms crusing 25-30 mph 1/4 throttle I am getting a terrible burble from my exhaust. Once I clear 6k rpm it sounds normal again. There is a very old trail can on it. Is this normal? Bad silencer? or something else? Thanks!

gurgle is normal. i hear it all the time on my dads 05 viper venture when i am forced to run at those speeds and the exh is stock on his. i always make it scream afterwards to clear it out. been that way since he bought it in 09.

I’m typically always at that speed trail riding and try to get on the throttle whenever I can. Looks like I’ll be finding a stock silencer so I don’t have to listen to that for 8 hours and wonder what’s wrong the whole time

ontario trail speed is that and 5 mph more and it does not do that.

oh ya with an aftermarket silencer it would be worse. bro ran a mbrp on his 02 viper for awhile.

I have the same
Just put about 200 trail miles on my new to me 02 Viper over the weekend. At about 5-6k rpms crusing 25-30 mph 1/4 throttle I am getting a terrible burble from my exhaust. Once I clear 6k rpm it sounds normal again. There is a very old trail can on it. Is this normal? Bad silencer? or something else? Thanks!
Same issue here...ive tried everything to get rid of this burble. Im afraid to lean it any more than it is. If you figure this out let me know.

I haven't started tweaking anything as in runs and rides well other than this and probably wont until the end of the season because I will most definitely break something. I have another viper that my wife rides that I may take out next time and see if I can imitate the issue. How lean are you running it now?

I haven't started tweaking anything as in runs and rides well other than this and probably wont until the end of the season because I will most definitely break something. I have another viper that my wife rides that I may take out next time and see if I can imitate the issue. How lean are you running it now?
Mine runs great no hesitstion anywhere.....pulls hard through mid range all the way to top. The burble dosent seem to affect performace at all....its just drives me nuts lol. It just sounds like an untuned sled at crusing speeds. As far as lean gos im a stock setting which is clip #3 both washers underneath...ive read to lower the clip one pos on needles due to these sleds being lean in midrange..so therefore im just leaving it where its at. Let me know how your other sled performs.

Back