Modding 2000 SRX 700

TheFridge

Hi all, recently traded my 99 srx for a 2000. I have some friendly competition between some other srx owners in my area and im looking for some help in achieving 180hp out of my 2000. My altitude is between 0-500m above sea level. Currently, i have a bone stock engine. What i do have is the following, 8bu, wyw primary, 51/43 helix with green spring, growlers, Vforce reeds (havent installed the reeds yet), 2001 main jets, 1' hacksaw with 96 studs. This SRX wont be much of a trail rider but i still want to maintain enough reliabilty that i still have the option to take it for a day trip. Im not very interested in a 780 kit, If you guys can help guide me to my goal of 180hp that would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I think that if you search the forums here, you will see that 180hp without being a BB & still being able to trail is a reach, 780s & 835 kits is more suited to what your describing. Both are good but may be not as cost effective when you research everything required to achieve full potential of both kits.

I raced these on grass when they were new. In race trim I dyno'd just shy of 150HP

You won't get 180

In addition, you should run the stock jetting, not the 2001 richer jetting. But you must always run good quality premium fuel with the 2000 jetting.

I think that if you search the forums here, you will see that 180hp without being a BB & still being able to trail is a reach, 780s & 835 kits is more suited to what your describing. Both are good but may be not as cost effective when you research everything required to achieve full potential of both kits.
What’s a realistic hp number I’m looking at then? And I’m constantly researching on here, love this site, I’ve read up on shaving heads, 38mm carbs, boring out carbs, porting cylinders. I’m just wondering which mods to do without going too far but still having big gains. Thanks for your response

I raced these on grass when they were new. In race trim I dyno'd just shy of 150HP

You won't get 180

In addition, you should run the stock jetting, not the 2001 richer jetting. But you must always run good quality premium fuel with the 2000 jetting.
Yes, I understand the 2000 jetting is a bit leaner, but where I am the temperatures go from -5celcius one weekend to -30celcius the next. I know it isn’t gaining me any power the jetting but just don’t have a consistent temperature to run with.

I would say with good porting stock pipes high 150 /160 would be a reasonable expectation engine improvements are best kept in Canada do to the difference in currency IMO. Iantomasi is about the best you can ask for regardless.

I would say with good porting stock pipes high 150 /160 would be a reasonable expectation engine improvements are best kept in Canada do to the difference in currency IMO. Iantomasi is about the best you can ask for regardless.
Agree, Iantomasi knows porting well. That's where I went to do dyno prepping for grass.

Yes, I understand the 2000 jetting is a bit leaner, but where I am the temperatures go from -5celcius one weekend to -30celcius the next. I know it isn’t gaining me any power the jetting but just don’t have a consistent temperature to run with.
Agree, below -20 celcius you'd want a bit more jet.

Back