Headlight issue.

yammynutz

I have a 2000 yamaha srx 700. I started it up and it runs good but I lost my headlights. Gauges and rear lights work ok. Just have no power to the headlights. Could this be a relay issue. Don't understand why I have lights to cash and tail light but no headlights. They worked and now they don't.

Its been a long time...but I believe there is a relay above your left foot..I think the white one controls the headlights but may also affect the tail lights.
Keep us posted

One relay is load control and one is headlight. There was an update kit for the 2000 srx, but I have no idea if yours has it. The update kit eliminates the original headlight relay and is replaced by another relay. there is small light blue wire that then runs up to the high low beam plug at the handlebars. I just had one here and this wire had broke.
Maybe you can post some pics.

i would simply unplug both of the relays, take them in the house and set them on the heat source(register) of your house over night, alot of times the relays get moisture in them and freeze up. the heat will dry them out and they work again, easy enough to try first. I seen your up in canada and when its cold the relays like to freeze if theres moisture.

Back