Ovation skid in an Enticer 250?

jboymechanic

Seems like it might be possible, both use the same 108” track. The skid would be left over from the ovation after I swap in a Phazer skid and track. My Enticer track is excellent, but the skid is bent and busted up. Thought the Ovation might be a slight upgrade. Has anyone done this? How difficult might it be?

Sorry, I was wrong. The ovation and enticer share the same pitch (3.29) but the enticer track is 102" compared to the 108.5" of the ovation. For this to make sense for me, I'd have to keep the original 102" track as the ovation track is garbage.

sounds like it might be time to contact hibbsman and get the sprocket adapter to convert it to 2.52 pitch and rail extensions to run a 121" track.

I ended up doing some much needed work on the Enticer. The sled had literally no maintenance, ever. Here's what I did. First, I dug into the skid. The suspension arm was broken in two places and the axle shaft that ran through it was bent.

Attachments

• Yamaha Enticer 250 Skid Break 1.jpg
    Yamaha Enticer 250 Skid Break 1.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Yamaha Enticer 250 Skid Break 2.jpg
    Yamaha Enticer 250 Skid Break 2.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 2
So I bought a parts skid and built a good skid between the two. I boxed in the suspension are with same gauge square tubing. Here you can see the sand blasted suspension arm with the square tubing, then the suspension arm with the tubing welded in to "box" the framing. Last is the completed skid ready to reinstall. The original track is excellent, new wheel bearings and springs were installed as well.

Attachments

• Yamaha Enticer 250 Suspension Arm Prepped.jpg
    Yamaha Enticer 250 Suspension Arm Prepped.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Yamaha Enticer 250 Suspension Arm Boxed.jpg
    Yamaha Enticer 250 Suspension Arm Boxed.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Yamaha Enticer 250 Finished Skid.jpg
    Yamaha Enticer 250 Finished Skid.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Yamaha Enticer 250 Track.jpg
    Yamaha Enticer 250 Track.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 3
Then I attacked the seat, which was a basically a foam block with a garbage bag over it. There was no wood seat base left, totally rotted away. The seat was held in place with bungee cords hooked to the tunnel/running boards. This is what I was working with.

Attachments

• Yamaha Enticer 250 starting point.JPG
    Yamaha Enticer 250 starting point.JPG
    346.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Yamaha Enticer 250 No Seat.jpg
    Yamaha Enticer 250 No Seat.jpg
    883.9 KB · Views: 2
One of the studs for the front seat mounts snapped, so I had to weld in a new stud from inside the tunnel. The front mounting bracket for the seat was so rusty I had to cut and bend a new one out of steel. I sand blasted and painted the tail light housing, which was still in good shape. I cut out a new piece of 1/4" plywood for a seat base and gave it several coats of linseed oil, it will NEVER rot out again. I used all new stainless hardware to attach all the pieces to the wood base and the seat back to the sled.

Attachments

• Yamaha Enticer 250 Tail Light Housing.jpg
    Yamaha Enticer 250 Tail Light Housing.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Yamaha Enticer 250 Plywood Seat Base.jpg
    Yamaha Enticer 250 Plywood Seat Base.jpg
    743.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Yamaha Enticer 250 Tail Light Housing Painted 1.jpg
    Yamaha Enticer 250 Tail Light Housing Painted 1.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Yamaha Enticer 250 Tail Light Housing Painted 2.jpg
    Yamaha Enticer 250 Tail Light Housing Painted 2.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 2
Finally, I found another used seat that was junk but had good foam and then I had a cover made for it. I put the cover on myself using a pneumatic stapler with stainless staples as well. I bought a new windshield for the sled as well as it hadn't had one for decades. Here is the final result, hope it's good for the next 40 years!

Attachments

• Yamaha Enticer 250 Finished.jpg
    Yamaha Enticer 250 Finished.jpg
    783.1 KB · Views: 6

Back