1997 SX 700 Front Suspension Long travel

Maxexciter

I understand that there are a lot of posts on here that talk about this subject. There are a couple of ways to install these shocks. Install new or extend the radius rods and steering rods. This option looks like it would create a weird angle. The other option install the Viler shock and use the original radius rods. My question is how would you hook the sway bar up using the original radius rods?

Spacer.
I have done this.
Only proper way is to get the trailing arms, radius rods and shocks to do it correctly IMO.

So even if I went with the second option, using the original SX radius rods and the Viper shocks, would I still have to use a spacer for the sway bar? I installed the Viper shock with the SX radius rods and set the sled down the sway bay mount was lined up with the mount without the link installed? I still have to get the shocks rebuilt be fore I can fit everything together.

Thats what I did originally on my SX. Basically, just installed viper shocks, and ran the radius rods out a bit farther with the adjustment.
It rode poorly, bottomed out on trailing arms, ect.

So what is the seat way to do it? Get the widening kit that extends the radius rods, steering rod and the spacer for the sway bar? Sorry to be a PIA

After I tried it the easy way and failed, I bought a used viper front end. All radius rods, steering arms, trailing arms and spindles.

Back