Possible Tors issue

jaydaniels

VIP Member
So I picked up a 2000 srx to put in the stable. Seems to run decent but I have what appears to be TORS acting up. If I’m driving slow and left completely off the throttle, then back on it goes into limp mode. If I stop completely and let idle down, it will then work properly again. As long as I never let of the throttle it never does this. What’s strange is I have the TORS disconnected. Any ideas what would activate TORS even though it’s disconnected? I might have a shower somewhere as I noticed the oil light is in when idling or low rpm but goes out as rpm comes up.

might have an issue with the switch at the bars. bypassed down by the carb only bypasses the carb switch.

might have an issue with the switch at the bars. bypassed down by the carb only bypasses the carb switch.
Ok. I’ll check that. So could that switch still activate the Tors. I thought both switches had to be working to activate the Tors.

with the lower wires connected together, the upper switch usually causes no issues until it fails.

Be carefull thinking its a TORS issue.My 04 warrior 5 years back would do the same after a long high speed run(backfire,come to a stop then clear up again).Replaced the TORS switch on the carbs($300CDN:sick:)NO dice.Final figured it out.The filters in the tank where let go and would plug up the inlets for fuel lines(Rolling around in the tank:shock:).Installed new filters and took out the old ones and BINGO:rockon:

never had that one happen yet. usually replace the filters every 5 seasons or so on the trail sleds.

Back