Phazer or Phazer 2 with Fairing Mounted to the hood

Whisky Badger

I have seen a few photos and videos of Phazers that are set up for oval or drag racing and it appears that the fairings have been mounted to the hood. If anyone has some photos or guidance on how this was done I would appreciate it.

At the beginning of this video you can see that the red and white phazer has this set up.

Here is another example. It looks like the fairing has been lowered or it's mounted to the hood.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220218-200347_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220218-200347_Facebook.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20220218-200347_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220218-200347_Facebook.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 11
Self tappers?
I think that could work with along with some epoxy and fiberglass work. I have some experience restoring old ski boats so I am comfortable with the epoxy and glass work. I am a little concerned about how well the epoxy and glass would bond to the plastic hood.

Does anyone know what type of plastic these hoods are?

I am just starting to prep and brainstorm for a build I want to complete this summer.

I want to create a sled I can vintage trail ride and take to a few drag races or radar runs. I don't need to win but I would like to be competitive.

Goals for the build are a slightly lowered stance with a very clean racer look. Trail port and polish, aftermarket exhaust, flatslide carbs with clutch work.

The chassis is partially stripped. I am trying to decide on a color scheme before I send it to powder coat. Red or Yamaha Blue?

Attachments

• 20220212_170718.jpg
    20220212_170718.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
I think that could work with along with some epoxy and fiberglass work. I have some experience restoring old ski boats so I am comfortable with the epoxy and glass work. I am a little concerned about how well the epoxy and glass would bond to the plastic hood.

Does anyone know what type of plastic these hoods are?

I am just starting to prep and brainstorm for a build I want to complete this summer.

I want to create a sled I can vintage trail ride and take to a few drag races or radar runs. I don't need to win but I would like to be competitive.

Goals for the build are a slightly lowered stance with a very clean racer look. Trail port and polish, aftermarket exhaust, flatslide carbs with clutch work.

The chassis is partially stripped. I am trying to decide on a color scheme before I send it to powder coat. Red or Yamaha Blue?

I wouldn't worry about it, the hoods are not really plastic, they're actually SMC which is a type of fiberglass (sheet molding compound) where they use an impreganante sheet of glass under compression. Basically, same materials/methods that work with any polyester based FG will work with the hoods.

Back