Hauck weights and roller secondary and multiangle helixes might transform your sled

norwegian

I am having very good luck with hauck x (srx) weights and roller secondaries on my 97 sx 600 twin and my 97 venture 500 liquid. They also have dupont slides and tempaflows. In fact so good that the 500 showed no less than 150 km/h (93 mph) on the speedo (in optimal conditions) (trackspin too at high speed I'm sure). On th trackstand it would do about 155 but then the belt jumped out of the primary lol. I haven't checked myself, but I believe the gearing is 19/39 (typical european gearing). After a little slow start it will leave a mound after accelerating, so it's not perfect the few first yards but then. I do recommend both products, if you have the time and patience, and it also helps if you have many different helixes avaiable. The weights are pricey but easy to tune, and the roller is somewhat pricey too, but it will (with the right helix) take the shifting on the secondary to a new level. For helixes I recommend dalton helixes. The Hauck helixes now are just black diamond x helixes. Also as you know, these sleds have to be leaned on the jetting to wake up. Just ask if you are interrested in the set up or pictures.

Last edited:

Yes and no, they do not have the heal which help to grab the belt at engagement, but they are tuned bu screws and washers. The shape of the weights is somewhat "generic", but that doesn't seem to hold them back when you can move the screws and bolts and washers easily to where you want it to be heavier. Half of the secret is also finding the right helix. On the venture, I have a dalton 38/41 R helix on it, yes you read right, it starts with 38 and ends with 41. This is because the powerband is really steep from the low end which is rather lazy, till mid and top. Also, the helix angles will be a bit different when running a roller secondary. I'm pretty sure no venture 500 has ever run as well as mine right now.

They do not really have the same profile as any other Yamaha weight I've seen, there is no special profile on those, just a "banana" really generic.

So far I've converted the secondaries of these sleds to roller ones from hauck
02 srx 700 Has heelclickers
98 XTC 700, has hauck x weights
97 SX 600, has hauck x weights and 97 venture 500 share the same secondary, I swap it over when I go riding.
02 Viper 700, slp pipes, heelclickers.

I assume they are similar to Heel Clickers in the way they work?
I see in your signature what you have in the clutches of your 1997 sx 700. I do not mean to critisize it but my bud had a very similar set up, 89 l weights and a multiangle helix and bender pipes. Unfortunately his bender pipes rusted up so we had to install a set of slps. I doubt the slps do much of a difference, but the clutch kit I made to suit them definitely did. Hauck X weights loaded with a few grams (prob 3) to get the engagement right, and then about 7 grams at the tip and a green white green primary spring along with a 48/38 dalton helix. That was better, yes but I was not satisfied. Then we put the roller on with a 44/38 helix and the powerband is crazy, even with at the low end even at a moderate 4200 or so engagement rpm.

Hauck X weights are they not the same profile as 89 a weights just adjustable?
You can see the profile here. Also, the weight of the weight itself is 48,8 grams, and I've added 7 grams to the tip and 3,3 grams to the middle.

Attachments

• hauck x weight.jpg
    hauck x weight.jpg
    570.8 KB · Views: 9

Back