Refresh on rocket couch

Maim

Super Moderator
Well, got started on the annual pre season on my dads 2005 sx venture we call the rocket couch.

30C5B759-6700-4866-AF8D-5BA8C289418B.jpeg

Started with overall evaluation. Not too bad for a sled with 10000 km. Will need carbides during the season but good enough to start.

All wheel bearings smooth and quiet. Speedo bearing was done in 2021 pre season so leaving alone for this year as it might see 1500 km a year.

Slides all good as well as rails and scratchers. Track was loose but expected as it was new last year. Get to it after some other items are taken care of.

Started with replacing the front shocks. Putting the olins back onto it after cannondale repaired/refreshed them last year due to a failed front skid shock.

Drained chain case and adjust chain before refilling as I do every year.

Power valve cleaning up next.

D7FD6933-41FC-4281-B454-DD404B0668DD.jpeg

lol never. need the fuel economy to hang close to the 4 strokes. this is the sled i borrow when doing fast 2 up trail riding or need a faster trail sled for more experianced rider. i never turn a greenhorn loose on this as it is way too much sled for them.

well she wasn't too bad. cleaned power valves, greased it and out she went. might have to weld y pipe at some point as it is getting thin at the welds on the y joints.

onto the high milage 4 stroke.

Back