Fuel line inside tank on 'Pipe, Suction 1' 1991 Yamaha Phazer

Codyblocks

Hey guys, new to the forums.

I recently went to change the fuel filter on an old '1991 Yamaha Phazer 2' I have had sitting and noticed the fuel line on the bottom of 'Pipe, Suction 1 (8V0-24335-01)' is destroyed and I cannot find an in-stock replacement of the part anywhere. I noticed it is very easy to take the wrecked line off (it is just held on with a twisted wire) and replace it however I was wondering a few things:

1. Can anyone confirm that this line is actually a 5/16th inner diameter? Seems to be after measuring with calipers.
2. Does the outter diameter of the line I replace it with matter? This wrecked OEM line seems very thin.
3. What fuel line is it safe to use inside of the tank? Where can I buy it?

Am I ok changing this line or will it create problems if I do not replace the whole part, the actual seal itself is fine and the bent metal pipe seems to be in good condition, since I can't find a whole replacement part I'm hoping to just replace the wired on line.

I am referring to the fuel line that goes from #14 to the fuel filter itself inside of the tank.
1668030326351.png

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

as long as the gas line goes onto the filter and the pipe snugly before the clamp is added, it should be fine. i have used regular automotive gas line in there before with no issues.

Thanks, I put a little bit of gas in a jar with a piece of the fuel hose just to make double sure. Going to see if it runs tomorrow.

Back