M-10 in a 97' SX I need help dialing it in!

Bischof

Here's a question for all you M-10 tuning rock stars.
I have a 97' SX 700 with a 2002 M-10. I widened the front end with a Sno Tec 42" set up but used the oem trailing arms. I put Elka shocks up front with modified shock brackets to move the shocks up to allow for the extra travel.
I also have C&A Pros and a camo 1.25" without studs.

The sled rides like a dream, very comfortable and can take hard landings like a dream.

My problem is the sled is squirly. When driving down smooth trails the rear end tends to skid side to side even on straight aways. This is a little disconserting when your going 90 down the 2 tracks.
I darts just a little and more than likely this is because I put aggressive 8" carbides on. This was a mistake and will most likely go no longer than 6" on the new set.
The skid is set up firm and the limiter strap is on the last (longest legnth) hole for both the inside and outside.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks for the help

Greg

i beleive your closer than you think...first with the c&a skis you need to shim under the ski wirth a 1/8 inch piece of hard plastic...just near the back of where it mounts to the ski.i used silone and let it set...next take out all your preload on the front ski that you can...because the m-10 dramatically changes the way you sled "sits".you then may have to take up some limiter strap. whats your front shock on the m-10 set at? whats the rear fra at? i weigh 195 and the front i show about1/4".rear is set at the fourth mark.i can't remeber where i have the rear shock set. you want to be able to use all of the suspension...don't set it too stiff...i also used blue loktite on every bolt...its worth the xtra time...if this doesn't make sense give me a call at 802-388-6718. also 8 inch carbide is what you want if you ride hard...if you don't use 6".make sure you run the track as loose as possible...when on a stand at idle you want the track to rotate if possible...good luck frank lambert

Thanks Frank,

I probably should have gone back and got all my facts straight before posting this but I was at work and thought I would throw it out there.

I need to pull my notes and get under the sled tonight and take a look at the set up. I'll take your suggestions and compaire it to what you mentioned.

I've done the ski shim before but I dont believe I put them in with the C&A's I need to look at that too.

Were about the same weight so this will help.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks!

Greg

grapeape said:
post up your body weight as well, as I assume it is not a personal picture (avitar)

ya know it funny, greg came by a few weeks ago to pick up some parts, best part was i got to see what he really looks like, before he came i keep picturing that guy, even though i knew it wasn't really him.

Grape, you still want the case?

Grape,

I's weigh in at 185 to 190 depending on how good dinner was.

Nick thanks for the top end, everything worked great. I noticed a little more play in my connecting rods at the crank than I like when I indtalled the pistons. Nothing major but it may be a good time to upgrade the bottom with the problems with the 97's and all. Do you still have the case crank, rods, stator etc?

BTW it looks like a pretty good chance were heading to Brimley next weekend 24th to the 27th.

Back